Almonds – may reduce heart disease risk in diabetes.
As per a study – Eating tree nuts such as almonds may help reduce the risk of heart disease in adults with type-2 diabetes.
The study further showed diabetic patients who consumed 5 servings/week had an app. 17% lower risk of incidence of cardiovascular disease as compared to those who ate one or fewer servings per week. (One serving is equal to one ounce or 28 gms).
The study, further demonstrated that diabetic patients who consumed 5 servings/ week have app.:-
- 20% lower risk of coronary heart disease.
- 34% reduced risk of cardiovascular death.
- 31% reduced risk of death from all cases.
Every 28 grams of almonds contains:-
Vit. E- 37%
Also contain a good quantity of copper, vitamin b12, Phosphorus etc.
Other benefits of Almonds consumption are:-
- Almonds are rich in antioxidants, which can protect cells from oxidative damage a major contributor to ageing and diseases.
- Almonds are the best source of Vit- E.
- Almonds contain magnesium, therefore, helps in controlling blood pressure.
- Almonds can lower cholesterol level.
- Almonds help in weight loss, as consumption of almonds leads to fullness, which helps in lesser calorie intake.
Thus almonds are beneficial for heart health in diabetic patients, besides consumption, providing other benefits.
Wishing all to be in a healthy state.
(For public awareness only).