Ayurveda is more than 5000 years old holistic healing system, that provides knowledge of life. Ayurveda teaches us the path to lead the life that is physically, mentally and spiritually healthy. It tells us to remain in touch with nature and our surroundings.
We as human beings are responsible for our choices and actions that maintain or disturbs, the balance between our body energies or doshas. To know in detail, about body energies and doshas, please read our previous blog posts:-
Living healthy- balancing Ayurvedic body doshas
Ayurveda provides complete knowledge of remaining healthy with balanced doshas throughout our lifetime. It teaches us how to age with dignity and grace as its emphasis on the role of mental health in maintaining physical health.
Ayurveda imparts knowledge as what to eat, how to eat, keeping seasonal effects, Prakriti and dominating energies (doshas) in mind. By adopting the following general habits one can lead a healthy life – physically, mentally and spiritually.
- Waking up early in the morning:- Early hours (4 A.M. To 5 A.M.) The air is fresh and pure. Inhaling fresh air fills the body with positive vibes and energy for the whole day.
- Eating a vegetarian diet;– Consuming fresh seasonal vegetables and fruits, freshly cooked well-balanced food, honey and avoiding junk and preserved food helps body developing energy and clearing toxins.
- Relaxing sleep:- Good sleep enables the body to rejuvenate up to the cellular level, Body cells start working in harmony thus strengthening the immunity system.
- Body exercises:- Exercises like cycling, walking, playing and yoga helps a lot in keeping diseases away by maintaining healthy BMI (Body mass index) and enhancing cardio and circulatory health, improves respiration, energy and vitality,. It also provides physical, mental and emotional peace.
- Maintaining daily routine:- Scheduling and following a daily routine like fixed time waking, exercising, eating, sleeping etc. create mental, physical and emotional balance in the body.
- Healthy herbs consumption:- Adding kitchen herbs like fresh ginger, garlic, turmeric, black pepper etc in daily feeding routine, helps a lot in enhancing immunity towards diseases and have antimicrobial effects.
- Keeping the body well hydrated:- Consuming optimum quantity of water depending upon individual body needs helps the body to expel toxins and improve digestion.
- Oil Massage:– Oil massage helps the body to rejuvenate and have a relaxing effect on the mind and body. It helps in reducing painful contractions and spasms, improves circulation, stimulates the lymphatic system, reduces stress hormones, increases joint mobility and flexibility, improves skin tone and improves recovery of soft tissue injury.
- Meditate:- Meditation lowers high blood pressure- a precursor to heart diseases, decreases tension-related pains as tension headache, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems, improves the immune system, increases the energy level, increases serotonin production that improves mood and behaviour.
Ayurveda helps us to lead a healthy disease-free life with balanced dietary guidelines, effective sleep patterns, home remedies, daily and seasonal routines, yoga, meditation and herbal oil massage patterns.