Ayurveda is the oldest healing system that originated more than 5000years ago in India. In Sanskrit Ayurveda means – The science of life. The main emphasis in Ayurveda is on prevention. It encourages health maintenance by paying close attention to balancing life by right thinking, diet, lifestyle, and use of herbs.
Ayurveda knowledge enables us to deeply understand how to create the balance of body, mind, and consciousness according to individual body constitution and bring about changes in lifestyle so that balance between the energies of the body is maintained.
Modern medicine vs Ayurveda.
Modern medicine:- Modern medicine tends to focus on symptomology and disease. It primarily uses drugs and surgery to relieve the body of pathogens or diseased tissues.
Ayurveda:- Ayurveda, on the other hand, does not focus on disease. It maintains that life must be supported by balancing the energies of the body. When there are minimal stress and the flow of energies within-person is balanced, the body defense system becomes strong and defends against the disease easily.
Size of Global herbal Industry:–
Market size:-App. 80 billion $
Annual growth rate:- 7%
Market size will be an app. 6 trillion $ by the year 2050.
Size of Indian herbal Industry:-
Market size;- App. Rs. 4205 crores.
Export size;- App. Rs.440 crores.
The market size will be App. Rs.7000 crores by the year 2020.
Factors helping re-emergence of Ayurveda:-
Ayurveda has gone from being treated with the suspicion of gaining wider acceptance.
- Increasing consumer awareness of well being by natural treatments. Consumers ate looking at Ayurveda as a risk-free healing system.
- Consumers showing an inclination towards Ayurveda as a non-surgical, economical, and safer alternative.
- Consumers awareness to lead a healthy lifestyle, thus looking for an option to treat ailments from the root level.
- The success of yoga globally has created an interest in things that are natural and Indian.
- Companies have been able to build strong brands using Ayurveda and natural ingredients.
More and more people all over the globe are adopting Ayurveda as an alternative or supportive healing system.
Wishing all to be in a healthy state.
( For awareness purpose only).