Diabetes is a health condition when the body does not produce enough insulin. Insulin plays a vital role in the release of energy for body cells.
As result glucose (sugar) released by break down of food remains in the bloodstream. On the long run, it causes serious health problems.
Few signs, one may have diabetes are:-
- Feeling hungry and tired than usual.
- Frequent urination. (Normal person usually has to urinate 4 to 7 times in 24 hours. but people with diabetes may go a lot more).
- Dry mouth and itchy skin.
- Blurred vision.
- Slow healing of sores and cuts.
- Pain and numbness in feet and legs.
- Unplanned weight loss.
If someone is more than 45 years of age and has other risk factors for diabetes, he should consult a physician to get his blood sugar tested.
Diabetes, if remain untreated/uncontrolled may cause nerve damage, heart trouble and other complications as Diabetic retinopathy – A common cause of vision loss in diabetic patients.
Diabetes is controllable with modern medicines. Ayurveda also claims to have treatment.
Wishing all to be in a healthy state.
(For awareness purpose only).