Migraine is more prevalent than Diabetes, Epilepsy and asthma combined. One in every seven people suffers from Migraine. Yet awareness and understanding of the disease is very low.
As per the world health organisation (W.H.O), It is one of the most disabling lifetime condition.
Besides headache, it has other symptoms like nausea, pain behind ear and eyes, extra sensitivity to sound and light. Visual sensory disturbances are experienced in about 20% to 25% of persons suffering from Migraine.
Possible causes are:-
- Anxiety, Tension & Excitement.
- Too much of caffeine
- Skipping meals
- Eating high sugary meals
- Genetic link makes people more sensitive to migraine.
Preventable Steps can be:-
- Use of ice packs- More than 70% of people found cold therapy to be effective.
- Lavender Oil – As per a study conducted in 2012, people who inhaled lavender oil for 15 minutes got relief from migraine.
- Magnesium – Deficiency of magnesium, can also be a possible reason for migraine.
- Fish oil – Consuming good quality Omega-3 supplement also help to reduce pain.
Ayurveda, also claims to have treatment for Migraine.
Wishing all a healthy life.
(For public awareness only).